Akayona US Release

Discuss all about Akatsuki no Yona here.

Akayona US Release

Dec 30 2015, 01:46 AM #1

I really can't wait until the manga gets released to the US. Hype all around.

Epyon
Epyon

Jan 7 2016, 11:14 PM #2

I also can't wait until the manga starts being released. That will mean more fans, which will hopefully mean a second season. Also, other countries might get interested in releasing the manga (Germany, please!).

Lux
Advanced Member
Lux
Advanced Member

Jan 8 2016, 12:39 AM #3

Yes I saw this on AnimeNewsNetwork and was so excited! Now I will be able to own the books of my favorite series, except we have to wait till this summer before they begin producing them. :c I really hope more people will be attracted to the series, I know I have tried to get everyone I know who loves anime to get involved with this series!

Codex
Codex

Jan 8 2016, 08:15 AM #4

Epyon @ Jan 7 2016, 11:14 PM wrote: I also can't wait until the manga starts being released. That will mean more fans, which will hopefully mean a second season.
I'm surprised a second season hasn't been announced yet, considering how well-made the first season was. Even Akagami no Shirayukihime got a second season quickly, and that wasn't quite as well-adapted.

Court
Advanced Member
Court
Advanced Member

Jan 11 2016, 06:14 AM #5

Codex @ Jan 8 2016, 12:15 AM wrote:
Epyon @ Jan 7 2016, 11:14 PM wrote: I also can't wait until the manga starts being released. That will mean more fans, which will hopefully mean a second season.
I'm surprised a second season hasn't been announced yet, considering how well-made the first season was. Even Akagami no Shirayukihime got a second season quickly, and that wasn't quite as well-adapted.
Yeah I'm pretty surprised as well, but it looks like the anime Blu-ray/DVD didn't sell to well in Japan. Hopefully since the manga sales have increased if the US sales do well it will entice them to do the second season. It'll be interesting how they go about doing the next season since it covers the Fire Tribe and Water Tribe Arcs.

sooocute
sooocute

Jul 14 2016, 12:56 AM #6

When I first found out at Viz's announcement on their Twitter, I was so happy! They better not drop it like they did with Inubaka, Crimson Hero, etc... :(

HikariGo

Aug 16 2016, 02:04 PM #7

I know that the first volume, has just been released by VIZ, but are there any sales figures out there already?

I know that this manga should have a strong cross-gender appeal and fanbase in the West, but with the number of volumes in the series I hope it has really strong numbers, so they are released as fast as possible and complete.

Silverfoxkit
Advanced Member
Silverfoxkit
Advanced Member

Aug 23 2016, 03:31 PM #8

So far I do not know the numbers of the sales for the US release of yona, i will inquire with Nancy on Tumbler since she seems to be the g to for shojo beat questions...
I purchased the release on release day and so far I guess I am somewhat disappointed on word choice for the translation...could be because I have been spoiled from the various translations from here and one other source. I have also tried from the various interpretations of the words in the dictionaries...
You be the judge of this, and let me know what you think if you have already bought or are planning to buy it if it is available in your country...

I got into a discussion with a difference of opinion with a publisher not that long ago. I had stated that scanlations have opened me to many different titles that may or may not make it over here because the difference in tends and the like... This has caused me to buy original Japanese series, and if comes over in my area, I have purchased it a second time, but I will not likely buy a series that I have never read more than 3 or so chapters, but that is just me... I am a collector. :)

I hope to understand the ova that was released with volume 21 & 22(in dec) *fan girl scream*
Once again thank you all for reading, and for the work being done.

xMiladyNoir

Aug 30 2016, 06:49 PM #9

I love that is has finally been licensed, but it is truly coming out so slowly. I wish that it was faster, since I am having flashbacks to when Gakuen Alice didn't come out that fast and then suddenly TokyoPop was discontinued thus leaving it unfinished ;A;

Court
Advanced Member
Court
Advanced Member

Dec 15 2016, 12:33 PM #10

I noticed that the first two managed to make it to the New York Bestsellers list, but the third one didn't. I'm hopeful that the next one will make it on again, because if the manga sales are low then there is the chance Viz will drop it before the series is completed and also it makes a second season less likely. So please if you can buy the English Version of the manga. It's not only important to support the artist but it might help with a second season if sales are good.

arataczak

Dec 26 2016, 01:04 AM #11

Can't wait for new manga to be released

Piq
Piq

Dec 27 2016, 05:13 AM #12

Hmm... This is something I will definitely ponder. I'm generally not up for owning physical copies. My bookshelf is full enough as is. (Read: overfull. I've been removing items this past week and everything still doesn't fit.) But I really enjoyed this series, and a lot more than I expected to. I'm finding myself unusually warm to the idea. :)

Court
Advanced Member
Court
Advanced Member

Jan 3 2017, 01:17 PM #13

Piq @ Dec 26 2016, 09:13 PM wrote: Hmm... This is something I will definitely ponder. I'm generally not up for owning physical copies. My bookshelf is full enough as is. (Read: overfull. I've been removing items this past week and everything still doesn't fit.) But I really enjoyed this series, and a lot more than I expected to. I'm finding myself unusually warm to the idea. :)
Yes I have similar issues bookcase related issues, between my professional and pleasure reading I seriously need a whole wall for my books lol I think Viz has it available for digital download, but I'm not 100% on that.

Piq
Piq

Jan 5 2017, 12:34 AM #14

Indeed they do have digital versions! Just gotta remember to search for Yona of the Dawn instead of Akatsuki. (Neither VIZ nor ibooks recognized "Akatsuki no Yona," which initially puzzled me. Woops, heh.)

A whole wall? Haha, both of my parents are like that, too. And every now and then, I meet folks who collect fancy hardcover books for decoration.

Anyways, I made room and ordered print copies, lol. My art books can go somewhere else; most of them are oversized in varying ways and never fit well anyways :P

Since I preordered Vol4, they're not due to arrive until sometime in February. But I'm a patient soul, and it's not like they're caught up for that matter, either. :)

mcb
mcb

Dec 3 2017, 12:42 PM #15

Guys, do you know where I could buy it in Australia?