Do you want Yona to have special power or ability?

Discuss all about Akatsuki no Yona here.

Do you want Yona to have special power or ability?

mokhamiyasaymokameh
Advanced Member
mokhamiyasaymokameh
Advanced Member

21 Dec 2015, 07:48 #1

yes we all know that Yona is just like Hiryuu a normal human being, but if there's a chance/possibility, do you want her to have special power like the four dragon warriors and what kind of power is it?

Sodalith

21 Dec 2015, 08:07 #2

IMO she really should NOT have any special power
her whole character development would be ruined
the "struggeling to become stronger despite being weak" and the "fight despite being scared and powerless" is a major character trait of her which is refered to in almost every situation yona faces

I wouldn't like it if she suddenly gets superpower

dsquared

21 Dec 2015, 15:42 #3

I think she's fine the way she is now. What makes her a compelling character is that she's a normal human girl without powers who's learned to survive from the trials she's went through.

Sephslover

21 Dec 2015, 18:14 #4

As being the four dragons' Master, it'd be pretty cool if she had some sort of amazing fighting power which she would use just at critical moments.

Justcme
Justcme

21 Dec 2015, 18:22 #5

I agree with Sodalith and dsquared, she's fine how she is, and for me personally it would also ruin it for me, I like how she struggles to become stronger and how her character has developed because she's so determined as a human, her just being a normal human girl and going through all those trials and how much she has grown since the beginning is what's keeps me coming back.

Starlight

21 Dec 2015, 19:49 #6

Doesn't she already have a power? That burning glare seems pretty powerful.

On a serious note, I agree that having a super power would ruin her development this far. It's refreshing having her and Yoon around, since they both do their best while not being super strong or having a special ability.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Lazy-Levia

21 Dec 2015, 20:23 #7

... hmm I don't think Yona suit that superpowers things.. since she's already got her special ability to pin down her enemy just by glaring at them ( YONA, YOU ROCK )
You found me annoying? uh, maybe you're true. But I don't like being unhonest person :) This is me and please take care of me everyone~ #as if

oh, Sorry for my bad english~

aishabhatti78
Advanced Member
aishabhatti78
Advanced Member

21 Dec 2015, 20:55 #8

That's a good question, but I don't want Yona to have powers because she's already strong enough.

aishabhatti78
Advanced Member
aishabhatti78
Advanced Member

21 Dec 2015, 20:56 #9

Lazy-Levia @ Dec 21 2015, 08:23 PM wrote: ... hmm I don't think Yona suit that superpowers things.. since she's already got her special ability to pin down her enemy just by glaring at them ( YONA, YOU ROCK )
Exactly ^.^ She's already strong enough. And if she has powers Hak isn't going to feel strong enough to protect her.

blah
Advanced Member
blah
Advanced Member

21 Dec 2015, 21:55 #10

No. She has the boys for that. I like how she is capable, but she should stay normal.

Sheramel

21 Dec 2015, 22:08 #11

No. Her having special power would just ruin her character development so far. Her personality shines when she places her trust in her dragon warriors. And Hak. Of course Hak. And also, her learning how to fight and becoming stronger are what made the series distinguishable from other shoujo heroines. So, yeah, I wouldn't have her any other way.

sewmice
sewmice

21 Dec 2015, 22:15 #12

No. If anything, you could consider anything she got from being Hiryuu's reincarnation as her ability. Seeing as that's how she gets the dragons to follow her. As a base reason at least, obviously we know they also follow her just because of how she treated them. Plus she has her glare. And who knows, maybe the reason she's picking up fighting and getting stronger so fast is because of power from Hiryuu.

Lithog
Lithog

21 Dec 2015, 23:07 #13

I want her to turn into a dragon at the end.

mokhamiyasaymokameh
Advanced Member
mokhamiyasaymokameh
Advanced Member

22 Dec 2015, 02:47 #14

Sodalith @ Dec 21 2015, 08:07 AM wrote: IMO she really should NOT have any special power
her whole character development would be ruined
the "struggeling to become stronger despite being weak" and the "fight despite being scared and powerless" is a major character trait of her which is refered to in almost every situation yona faces

I wouldn't like it if she suddenly gets superpower
I see... good point there! ;)

so if ever Kusanagi-sensei decided to make Yona have a special ability, you'll find it drag and you also might drop AkaYona?

chyll2
chyll2

22 Dec 2015, 02:52 #15

it would be weird for Yona to have powers now but I am willing to accept if ever she gets good on weapon through training and efforts.

mokhamiyasaymokameh
Advanced Member
mokhamiyasaymokameh
Advanced Member

22 Dec 2015, 03:00 #16

Thanks for all the replies!!! :)

Lithog's answer cracks me up! lol :D anyway, "for me" both is fine, either she'll stay norm or latent.

FOR THOSE WHO DISLIKES YONA OF HAVING A SUPER POWER/SPECIAL ABILITY, "IF" EVER KUSANAGI-SENSEI DECIDED TO MAKE YONA HAVING A POWER OR SORTA, ARE YOU GONNA LOSE OF INTEREST ON READING IT AND MIGHT DROP THE SERIES AS WELL?

angeltoangela

22 Dec 2015, 06:18 #17

Ooh thats my guilty pleasure to think about haha xD
I do think sometimes if Yona were to get some super power like um....iunno shooting fireballs from her eyes (cuz in the anime they give her eyes a fiery look when she gets all intense) that would TOTALLY be cool~
But in all honesty I think she's perfectly fine as she is. I do think it would be nice if she can become a bit more stronger so that she can have more of a fighting presence when in battle :)

sinbunneh

22 Dec 2015, 06:24 #18

i wouldnt stop reading if she had any sort of power
but i think it wouldnt fit the plot any

the original guy didnt have any powers, thats what made him so special to get help from the dragons

her character development is set up on her pushing herself to get stronger, there is all this magic and strength around her - but she perseveres regardless of just being human

sinbunneh

22 Dec 2015, 06:25 #19

angeltoangela @ Dec 22 2015, 06:18 AM wrote: Ooh thats my guilty pleasure to think about haha xD
I do think sometimes if Yona were to get some super power like um....iunno shooting fireballs from her eyes (cuz in the anime they give her eyes a fiery look when she gets all intense) that would TOTALLY be cool~
But in all honesty I think she's perfectly fine as she is. I do think it would be nice if she can become a bit more stronger so that she can have more of a fighting presence when in battle :)
LOL fireballs xD

mokhamiyasaymokameh
Advanced Member
mokhamiyasaymokameh
Advanced Member

22 Dec 2015, 07:45 #20

angeltoangela @ Dec 22 2015, 06:18 AM wrote: Ooh thats my guilty pleasure to think about haha xD
omg fireballs! :D

I saw some fanarts that Yona's having a power of controlling fire. it's actually badass but too OP that doesn't makes sense, unless there'll be a new villain with super power too, guess Yona badly needed to have that power to help her harem to defeat it.. but that's not happening tbh! :D

may ab
may ab

22 Dec 2015, 15:56 #21

i cant imagine her with powers, i like her without them. her character has a meaning behind it, when i think about her i think that you can get stronger even if your human

akacsoki

22 Dec 2015, 16:06 #22

No, definietly no. That would ruin her and the whole series...

akacsoki

22 Dec 2015, 16:16 #23

The whole point is not Yona's braveness or powers, or that she is powerless, not even her stonrg will or something... I think the whole point is, that she was an ignorant princess, who are showing improvement and that she never was perfect... and she never will be. She needed to become an orphan and nearly be killed to start caring about anybody but herself. But she is doing now everyting, dispite she maybe never will be able to fix herself or the world. But she is trying, and that's life... as disappointing as it is...
(Sorry for the lond, bit depressing post, i had a ruff day)

trinakat

22 Dec 2015, 23:00 #24

I don't know, charisma? Does that count as a power? Because she definitely already has that. Beyond that, anything else would feel like cheating.

Anumi
Anumi

23 Dec 2015, 00:17 #25

Somehow I don't want Yona to have any special power. Seeing her being able to fight hand in hand with the dragons (who do have powers) makes her look even stronger in my eyes. Also being just a human being makes her close enough for the ones in need to reach. I think that being just normal, yet so strong is what makes her amazing.