Editor/Cleaner/Typesetter

Interested in our team? Fill out the applications and join us!

Editor/Cleaner/Typesetter

Harumi
Advanced Member
Harumi
Advanced Member

13 May 2010, 08:21 #1

We are currently overwhelmed with projects so we will be unable to train anyone. Right now we can only accept experienced editors.

But if you're skilled with redrawing, everything else will come easily. So apply if you're awesome.

I expect a 40-page chapter to be done in within 2 weeks and for you to check your email everyday.

PM Hikari07 to apply or post down below (posts will be deleted once the person has been PMed. :D)

General Requirements
  • Have Photoshop/access to Photoshop
  • Know how to use (at the very least) the basics of Photoshop

Cleaners

We need someone who is good at redrawing and knows photoshop well.

Requirements
  • Good at redrawing.
  • you have to clean and level all the scans given.
  • Rotate and crop everything that's not part of the actual manga page.
  • While Titania does not do sfxs, when we joint, sometimes the other group asks for sfxs to be cleaned out... so for the sake of testing your sfx cleaning ability, Clean out everything
  • Clone and redraw parts that have been erased.
Sample Cleans

Uncleaned

Cleaned

For those who are sensitive to font sizes and know how to use the text function in photoshop we want you!

What a typesetter does

Put all the translations in the right bubbles.

For typesetters, make sure everything goes according to the translations that will be provided for you.

Sample Typesets

Before

After

Please PM Hikari07 for more details.

inkonapage

29 Oct 2014, 14:46 #2

Hi!

My name is Lindsey and I have worked on a scanlation team before as a cleaner (Ouran High School Host Club). I am wondering if you guys are still in need of cleaners. If so, I would like to take the test. However, if I end up seeming like a good fit for your team, I would like to discuss the expectations a bit more.

Thank you very much!

kyashi3o9

06 Mar 2015, 15:51 #3

originally i want to apply as cleaner/typesetter, since i used to have experience from doing the said task. but like what i mentioned in one of the forum thread...that was years ago. so i honestly wanted to be re-trained or at least have sources where i can train myself and join the group to help.

after reading the first post... i understand that you don't have time to train re-newbies like me.
so, if you have any training manual for the said position,
i don't mind to read it and re-train myself. :)
"...then, what are your priorities?..."

elyiz
elyiz

24 Mar 2015, 08:43 #4

I am interested to help as an Editor. I have some experience from a few years ago and have been working in photoshop for the last 7 years or so.

ShinjoXXXX

01 Apr 2015, 03:33 #5

I am also interested in applying as an editor, please answer back ASAO, thank you!

SpuniousXZ

26 Aug 2015, 13:42 #6

Hi i want to be a typesetter, with a little bit of cleaning. I actually do some typesetting stuffs, so i'd be glad of you recruit me as a typesetter... :D