Harvest Moon, anyone?

Discuss about your favorite games here.

Harvest Moon, anyone?

charlieiq

22 Dec 2015, 05:12 #1

Please tell me there are other farming fanatics out there in this forum.

I've been playing Story of Seasons for about two months now (real time, not game time-- I'm in my third year). So far I'm liking it better than A New Beginning. I've heard a lot of people complaining about the long game play and I chose Original mode over Seedling so I understand that. I kind of like it, though. I usually tend to beat the story too quickly and then I'm not motivated to keep playing just for the sake of pursuing marriage candidates or having kids, so the long-term objectives are better for me. I nearly have Nadi wooed to a reverse confession anyway and I only have three of the traders. I just looked up the requirements for Tropical Country yesterday, though, and nearly had a heart attack. There's so much stuff! you have! to ship!! It's INSANE. I'm a little bit daunted now. Plus, I keep thinking I want to give Rune Factory 4 a try because I haven't played any of those since the original, but I kind of suck at fighting RPGs...

Is anyone else playing Story of Seasons? Is this your first Harvest Moon title or are you a seasoned virtual farmer? How do you think it compares to the older games? (I'm partial to Animal Parade myself, but my first was Save the Homeland and this is my ninth game in the series.)

riverdaughter

23 Dec 2015, 19:03 #2

The last Harvest Moon I played was A New Beginning for the 3DS. I dont mind the long story and repetitive nature; its soothing! :) The first Harvest Moon game I played was on the Nintendo 64. I think my favorite will always be the Game Cube one, A Wonderful Life. I spent so many hours on that game!

I gave Rune Factory a try and it was okay, not great but okay.

eclipse100

01 Jan 2016, 23:07 #3

I am now playing story of seasons. I started playing the harvest moon games when I was using a gameboy colour. I love these games. I also played rune factory which is a fantasy version of harvest moon.

tacchan
tacchan

02 Jan 2016, 07:00 #4

I used to play Friends of Mineral Town and More Friends of Mineral Town with VBA emulator.

But I really looking forward with the upcoming android platform.

Kidachan

05 Jan 2016, 01:30 #5

Ages ago my Ex-boyfriend lent me his More Friends of Mineral Town and I adored it. So much that after we broke up and I returned the game I purchased my own for the GBA :3 right now I am playing through Harvest moon tale of two towns which my brother got me for my birthday a couple weeks ago :) it's the kind of game I pick up when I have a lot of time on my hands which usually isn't often.

Lux
Advanced Member
Lux
Advanced Member

05 Jan 2016, 22:57 #6

OMG! Harvest Moon was literally my childhood, I absolutely loved the Harvest Moon games for the gamecube, those are my absolute favorite. I never get tired of the games and the unique stories they do for every new game they make. I just love the whole having your own family idea, it is truly amazing. <3

Aratiina
Advanced Member
Aratiina
Advanced Member

08 Jan 2016, 16:27 #7

I like the Rune Factory serie of it, because it has elements of RPG.
I did hear from friend they'll make new HM game for Wii U, so I'll probably buy that ^^.
Such games are nice way to rest from the canon games, Recettear was really fun too, I did buy Hometown Story, but no console for it yet, so it waits XD.

hikari07
Advanced Member
hikari07
Advanced Member

09 Jan 2016, 09:25 #8

I have played a few Harvest Moon games but I think I didn't finish any. :P
I enjoyed playing it though.

I happened upon Story of Seasons when I was lurking on XSEED's FB page.
The art caught my attention. It's pretty.

I don't have a 3DS though so I can't play it.