kdramas?

Discuss about your favorite drama or movies here.
Yoonassi

19 Jan 2016, 06:25 #26

There was a time when I marathoned kdramas into the wee hours of the morning... XD

Nowadays I find many of them are quite..generic. But I still watch kdramas occasionally when one catches my attention. Recent favorites are Pinocchio, My Love From Another Star, and Empress Ki.

I've been dying to watch Misaeng and The Producers but perhaps when there's more time~

lalaloo
lalaloo

19 Jan 2016, 07:08 #27

I used to love watching korean dramas back in the day, but they're not as good nowadays compared to before. It's rare now for me to get really excited for a korean drama.

lilian
lilian

25 Jan 2016, 16:04 #28

I don't know much about k-dramas but I do remember a movie I saw after I read the manhwa. It was "Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do". I can't say I loved it but it was touching.

Lyn
Lyn

15 Feb 2016, 17:19 #29

The only k-dramas I've ever watched are the two that my friend pretty much forced me to watch - City Hunter (I really liked this one) and Boys Over Flowers (the main girl and guy annoyed me :/ ).

N. Schist

20 Feb 2016, 17:20 #30

Lyn @ Feb 15 2016, 10:19 PM wrote: The only k-dramas I've ever watched are the two that my friend pretty much forced me to watch - City Hunter (I really liked this one) and Boys Over Flowers (the main girl and guy annoyed me :/ ).
City Hunter was one of the better ones, although all the plotholes and just general level of disbelief you had to hold to get through all the episodes put a damper on everything... I'll admit the main couple in it was v.attractive tho~~~ And the Korean Boys Over Flowers was more fleshed out than the original Japanese version, which I liked, although the drama factor was increased 1000%. So yeah, an incredibly annoying ride.

The most recent dramas I watched that I liked were Rooftop Prince and Kill Me, Heal Me. Nothing after these two were compelling enough to get me across the first 2 episodes, ugh. Even the super famous You're Beautiful (this is from a while ago), I just couldn't continue after 4 episodes. You guys are right, K-drama stories have become so generic and cliched these days, and the unnecessary drama is really annoying. These two I mentioned were enjoyable because they had somewhat different stories (can't escape dat drama tho!!) and very good actors. Especially Kill Me, Heal Me (recommending!) As long as these kinda gems keep happening I'll keep a lookout for K-drama.

(me and my sisters have an ongoing joke about K-dramas that there is ALWAYS a prerequisite for them to have at least one character who has confused parental relationships. Seriously, this has occurred in every drama I watched (probably xD). Also: main pairing will always be between the rich son of a conglomerate family and an "ordinary" girl. ALSO more often than not the main pair will always have a past connection. Geez, talk about cliche.)

soju
Advanced Member
soju
Advanced Member

21 Feb 2016, 06:14 #31

I loved Kill Me Heal Me... prob one of the best in 2015.

N. Schist

21 Feb 2016, 19:32 #32

soju @ Feb 21 2016, 11:14 AM wrote: I loved Kill Me Heal Me... prob one of the best in 2015.
Wasn't it??? *squee* The actors were so good in it, and in my opinion it handled the very sensitive topic at its center quite tactfully. (if anyone was wondering: this drama has mental disorders and child abuse as themes... the abuse part was handled nicely, IMO, more than I can say for other dramas. But the mental disorder/psychology stuff came with a lot faux-psychology and oversimplification, although generally it was passable)

anyone else watched this? because I'm still gushing about it (i.e. have too many feelz abt it)

kytticat

22 Feb 2016, 02:35 #33

I used to be really into K-dramas but lost interest.. the last one that I watched and really enjoyed was Queen Seon-duk, I would highly recommend that one!

achoicoi

23 Feb 2016, 01:20 #34

yes I watched it a lot. and now I am going to watch remember (war of the son). I think it a good drama as good as the rating :D

soju
Advanced Member
soju
Advanced Member

23 Feb 2016, 03:31 #35

N. Schist @ Feb 21 2016, 07:32 PM wrote:
soju @ Feb 21 2016, 11:14 AM wrote: I loved Kill Me Heal Me... prob one of the best in 2015.
Wasn't it??? *squee* The actors were so good in it, and in my opinion it handled the very sensitive topic at its center quite tactfully. (if anyone was wondering: this drama has mental disorders and child abuse as themes... the abuse part was handled nicely, IMO, more than I can say for other dramas. But the mental disorder/psychology stuff came with a lot faux-psychology and oversimplification, although generally it was passable)

anyone else watched this? because I'm still gushing about it (i.e. have too many feelz abt it)
i loved every personality... Ahn Yona vs Yona from Atasuki No Yona. LOL

AneyWisteria

04 Apr 2016, 20:42 #36

I'm watching Love From Another Star right now... So many cringe-worthy and hilarious scenes XD

shakuya
shakuya

28 Apr 2016, 14:28 #37

hyunseung♥ @ Dec 21 2015, 10:58 PM wrote: I do enjoy watching kdramas but I'm really picky about it so I haven't watched much. The first kdrama I watched was The Moon Embracing the Sun.
I haven't watched K-dramas in a long time! Now, I try "The Descendant of The Sun", :\

anny
Advanced Member
anny
Advanced Member

17 May 2016, 17:30 #38

I watched was The Moon Embracing the Sun too it was great, recently I Wached Queen of ambitions and Empress Ki, love de 2 of them too. Now I´m waching Damo i will see haw it is

pixie
Advanced Member
pixie
Advanced Member

26 Dec 2016, 01:58 #39

Love them, downloaded a couple series to watch when I have some time, but I never have the time.