Newest Chapter

Discuss all about Screaming Lessons here.
Harumi
Advanced Member
Harumi
Advanced Member

Mar 9 2013, 02:51 AM #26

Yeah, I think the worst bullying tactic was actually Yomi's story where they held their faces to Bunsen burners. @.@ But then if I was 10 years old and saw the page where Saku hangs herself, I would freak.

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Mar 18 2013, 09:34 PM #27

Is it "bad" that I could figure out how the Toilet chapter would end as soon as the bullied girl was mentioned?

C-A

Harumi
Advanced Member
Harumi
Advanced Member

Mar 19 2013, 10:09 AM #28

Haha, not really. xD I think we're getting smarter. When they said a different person came out, I was like "IT'S BECAUSE IT'S NOT HER!1!!!"

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Mar 19 2013, 10:35 AM #29

Harumi @ Mar 19 2013, 11:09 AM wrote: Haha, not really. xD I think we're getting smarter. When they said a different person came out, I was like "IT'S BECAUSE IT'S NOT HER!1!!!"
Yeah. And how the ex-friend was leaving the messages.
Of course I'm wondering, why did Rena not get exchanged with Toilet Girl?

C-A

Harumi
Advanced Member
Harumi
Advanced Member

Mar 20 2013, 07:29 AM #30

Hmm, I think it was because Suzu, said "she should disappear" and the toilet goddess granted her wish for her.

serinata
Advanced Member
serinata
Advanced Member

Apr 14 2013, 03:49 AM #31

Gah! That was depressing. T^T And that cliffie makes me sadder... I mean, it seems like one of those stories that'll have a happy ending, but still... >o<

Regardless of me being a sap though, I don't think I like Rui, though I'm not quite sure why... Maybe she reminds me of my bad traits? OTL

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Apr 14 2013, 01:14 PM #32

As soon as it was mentioned that the Hell Clock would take something from you, I was all, "Years off of her live every time she makes a wish"? The ending of the Part 1 was so-so, I was expecting something to happen. But it was a bit boring.

But that might be because I am simply not a fan of Childhood Friends.

C-A

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Apr 28 2013, 11:41 AM #33

...can somebody explain what happened in this chapter?
No, not the part with the second Hell Clock. Why did Kei reject Rui, if he liked her to begin with? You know, even if it's a long distance relationship, knowing that the person you like likes you back, that's something that can make people strong. So by rejecting her... he let her go and become strong?

And what was with that ending?
She throws herself off a place, doesn't die but goes into a coma and gives up her future... but only for five years? What? What? How can somebody give up only a part of their future for 5 years? That doesn't make sense!

C-A

Harumi
Advanced Member
Harumi
Advanced Member

Apr 29 2013, 04:55 AM #34

I'm not too sure, but I think he didn't want her to rely on him and wanted her to be strong on her own... or something like that. Slightly off topic, but I don't think a long relationships work, especially if you're just starting off.

The ending was cute imo. I think Kei at least, deserves a happy ending. xD

serinata
Advanced Member
serinata
Advanced Member

Apr 29 2013, 05:36 AM #35

While i kinda agree w/ C-A about the "Wth?"-ness of the 5 years thing, the ending was really cute >o<. *squee* Then again, I'm a huuuge sucker for happy endings. XD

It's kind of strange how many happy endings ZG's starting to have though... Or is it just me? (They still make me happy though :D)

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Apr 29 2013, 09:25 AM #36

I agree, a horror manga with shoujo-ish happy endings?
Now and then it's nice, but not several times in a row. And still, giving up 5 years of your future but not the rest.... doesn't make sense.

C-A

Harumi
Advanced Member
Harumi
Advanced Member

Apr 29 2013, 10:40 AM #37

Yomi was kind enough, hehe. If I were her, I'd take pity on the guy too. But his undying devotion for Rui is quite creepy. xD

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Apr 29 2013, 03:44 PM #38

Harumi @ Apr 29 2013, 11:40 AM wrote: Yomi was kind enough, hehe. If I were her, I'd take pity on the guy too. But his undying devotion for Rui is quite creepy. xD
But, if she's so kind, why didn't she say - Okay, you use the Hell Clock twice, but... eh, you seem to like each other. No compensation this time.

Although this makes me wonder... if Rui used the Hell Clock twice, shouldn't Kei have died twice, too? At least, that's what I thought of her plan on going back to save him. "Kei, I have gone back in time to save your life! Oh wait, you're still important to me and I have to give up something that's important to me.. Oh no, you died again!"

I know that, technically, it was Kei's Hell Clock but... he didn't use it. So shouldn't the one who uses it, rather than the one who originally summoned it, get the compensation taken from them?

C-A

Harumi
Advanced Member
Harumi
Advanced Member

Apr 29 2013, 09:43 PM #39

Although this makes me wonder... if Rui used the Hell Clock twice, shouldn't Kei have died twice, too? At least, that's what I thought of her plan on going back to save him. "Kei, I have gone back in time to save your life! Oh wait, you're still important to me and I have to give up something that's important to me.. Oh no, you died again!"
I think Kei was meant to die twice. Yomi was taking him away but then for 'compensation' Rui tried to jump off the building to kill herself. So yeah, you're right it's the person who uses the clock that actually gets their 'precious thing' taken away from them. But I don't think she was thinking a lot when she used the Hell's clock again. Maybe she wanted to see Kei alive that much. Or maybe she was planning to sacrifice herself all along. :C

If you had the Hell's clock, would you use it for anything? (Let's cheat and suppose you don't have to give up your precious thing. xD)

serinata
Advanced Member
serinata
Advanced Member

Apr 29 2013, 10:55 PM #40

If you had the Hell's clock, would you use it for anything? (Let's cheat and suppose you don't have to give up your precious thing. xD)
Can we use it more than once or just once?

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Apr 30 2013, 09:12 AM #41

Harumi @ Apr 29 2013, 10:43 PM wrote:
Easy, I'd do what my mom would like to do.
Go back in time to almost 10 years ago and decide to not move to the house out in the boondocks. It influenced stuff and, yeah, things would've done very different. But several for the better.

The money spent to move there? Not spent, leaving us somewhat richer.
Bad memories of that place? Never created.
Then-boyfriend drinking himself to death? Would still have happened, but we would have been closer to a hospital.
The cat we had to give up when we moved back to our apartment? Would have kept the leg she lost after being run over and we would've been able to keep her, because she wouldn't have gotten used to going outside to shit and pee.
And with the money saved, she'd probably have done a lot more travelling, instead of having to worry about money issues for about three years.

C-A

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Jul 1 2013, 05:28 PM #42

The Fish Family chapter was.... was that an environmental message we were supposed to get? Certainly felt like it. The horror or scary part was extremely short. Somehow, the entire chapter felt short.

C-A

Harumi
Advanced Member
Harumi
Advanced Member

Jul 1 2013, 08:48 PM #43

I quite like the horror of this one. For once, it's not a scary monster horror, but more of the horrors of the mind... which turned out to actually be real with the surgery and stuff. When I first read the chapter, it reminded me a lot of Black Swan at the beginning.

As for the length, it felt short too. I think it was because there weren't as much text as there usually is on the page, though I think page-wise it's about the same as the other chapters.

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Jul 2 2013, 08:45 AM #44

I checked and page-wise it was like the others. It still felt... rushed. The whole story felt really rushed, there was no part that really built up the horror, let her live in fear for a while and then crash the bomb on her. Just... Fish dead, creepy parent appearance, everything okay.

C-A

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Oct 14 2013, 11:58 AM #45

The formula is so noticeable - or I am just extermely suspicious of other people. Anytime they call someone an "angel" like person in ZG, I always think there's more to it than that.

Although that whole idea of "Nobody go for him, then he belongs to all of us" is kinda silly, too...

C-A