otome games

Discuss about your favorite games here.

otome games

Sodalith

Dec 21 2015, 08:51 PM #1

I was wondering if any of you are playing otome games?

Are you an otome game fan?
Or have you played any but disliked it?
Are there any you would recommend?

I played Hakuouki because I was really interested in the hype about that
And I liked it, the guys were awesome <3
I would like to try another but it's hard to find anything in english

charlieiq

Dec 22 2015, 05:20 AM #2

The only otome I've played is Wizardess Heart and I didn't finish it because I got tired of it. It isn't really a style for me, but you might like it. It is in English.

Nipah
Nipah

Dec 23 2015, 10:11 PM #3

I rarely play otome games, but I like Code:Realize which was the latest otome game I played :3

happypengu

Dec 23 2015, 10:48 PM #4

Have you heard of the website englishotomegames? There's a list of free and commercial otome games that you can use to find some in english :)

I really liked otome games when I first found out about them, but lately I haven't been playing any for some reason. I did play Amnesia, though, because it was on sale for &#036;3 on steam so I thought why not? :P I don't have a PS Vita so I can't play Code: Realize or Norn9 unfortunately :(

kunoichihime
Advanced Member
kunoichihime
Advanced Member

Dec 24 2015, 10:37 AM #5

I played Hakuoki on the PSP, PS3, and iPad :lol: I also played YoJinBo

I was trying to play Second Reproduction, but unfortunately my laptop got wiped so goodbye saved file :&#124;

I'd also like to get my hands on a PSVita so I can play me some more otome games. Code:Realize looks really nice :D

@Sodalith you can look around for YoJinBo and Second Reproduction. they're translated in English and I only got them from downloading somewhere. Second Reproduction has some really nice reviews :)

marrye
marrye

Dec 24 2015, 01:33 PM #6

I played a few , most of them on my cell , voltage games are really interesting.
on the pc I played, Amnesia and really liked it.

kunoichihime
Advanced Member
kunoichihime
Advanced Member

Dec 24 2015, 05:18 PM #7

marrye @ Dec 24 2015, 01:33 PM wrote: I played a few , most of them on my cell , voltage games are really interesting.
on the pc I played, Amnesia and really liked it.
Oooh! Now that you mention it, I do have some Otome games on my cellphone. Most of them are Arithmetic/OKKO. I think I only played one Voltage game. Most otome games I've played on the phone are in Android.

psychoalchemist
Advanced Member
psychoalchemist
Advanced Member

Dec 29 2015, 12:51 AM #8

Oh god, I play so many that it's ridiculous. I only do the free games, but I've done all the free games from Arithmetic, OKKO, Voltage, NTT Solmare, and KOYONPLETE.

My favorite ones of all time are Contract Marriage, Sweet Scandal, Idol Dormitory, and Sleepless Cinderella: Party. And currently I'm playing My Candy Love, Sleepless Cinderella: Party, My Forged Wedding: Party, Pay for My Call With a Kiss (I got it for free), Shall We Date? Ninja Assassin+, Gossip Girl: Party, Shall We Date? Love Tangle+, and a new game called Vampire Love.

Listing them all out makes me realize how little of a life I have.

kotsuki
kotsuki

Dec 29 2015, 01:03 AM #9

I've played quite a few but then I usually don't have the patience to play more than one route.

Some I've played: Joker Kuni no Alice (and other Alice in Wonderland by QuinRose), Hakuouki series, K Project's game, Norn 9 etc.

Each has their own charm :3

Hakuno
Hakuno

Dec 31 2015, 07:54 PM #10

i only play in nds and psp so far.. Tokimeki Series and Amnesia is my Fav

eclipse100

Jan 1 2016, 10:51 PM #11

I started playing Hakuouki not knowing what kind of game it was. I really enjoyed it so now I am planing to play some more.

Amaya
Amaya

Jan 19 2016, 05:20 AM #12

I haven't played Otome games in years! But from what I can remember, Hakuouki and Amnesia were my favourites. Voltage's Kiss of Revenge was pretty good too, so I played most of their other games as well. ^^;;

kittendreamz
Advanced Member
kittendreamz
Advanced Member

Jan 27 2016, 10:10 PM #13

I've recently gotten into otome games! And my first one was Hakuouki, which I also enjoyed a lot. The characters were enjoyable, and I liked that they didn't immediately jump Chizuru into a relationship. She was literally with them for a few years before she actually got hooked up with someone.

More recently however I played Amnesia and loved it, and am currently working on Code: Realize which I LOVE. Cardia is super cute, and I love that she's not a helpless protag. She's learning how to defend herself throughout and is just as capable as the boys.

Jan 29 2016, 05:57 PM #14

I've played Star Crossed Lovers and Midnight Cinderella.... have yet to play a pc otome game but I'm considering it.

I adored the astrology connection with Star Crossed Lovers. Midnight Cindierella was nothing but pain and suffering on my wallet.... ):

I am highly intrigued by the release of Kindred Spirits on the Roof from steam.... simply because I'm femslash trash. Although I've got mixed feelings about it.

I tried to give Queen's Gambit ago, but since it was an American take on the otome concept.... the storyline didn't entrance me as much.

yhrxssi
yhrxssi

Feb 13 2016, 01:38 PM #15

The Otome game that I really like and have played multiple times would be Girlish Love Revolution. Not only are the men attractive, but there are different routes and men to choose from. I have not finish the game completely as it is quite hard to go through every single men to get a secret ending using keywords that they say during the dialogues of the game, but it is quite entertaining.

This otome game isn't like others in my opinion as it balances between her education and her health. The girl starts out rather big in weight and size and the mission is the lose weight while maintaining the education levels that satisfies the interest of the men.

So out of all the otome games that I have played so far, this has to be my favorite as it adds a bit of oddness due to the other mission of losing weight.

Rabbitcity

Mar 1 2016, 09:56 PM #16

I absolutely love otome games.

I felt so lost after I finished Amnesia. There was just an empty space in my heart.

I do wish more games were translated into English. I loved that Amnesia was translated by Otomate instead of it being shipped out by a different company. (Please translate Amnesia: World, too, Otomate. It would make a certain girl with few friends very happy)

Terrible translations just terrify me. It's so sad what happened to Heart no Kuni no Alice. Such bad memories. :(

Somehow along the way, I got pissed at translations and ended up self studying Japanese. It didn't really work out that well.

Aratiina
Advanced Member
Aratiina
Advanced Member

May 17 2016, 03:00 PM #17

I have Hakuouki, but didn't get to it yet, I also have another otome game for PSP named Sweet Fuse at Your Side, but didn't play it yet either, they won't escape me though ;3.
There aren't that many otome games coming out in English.... shame ;/.

Choco_Pudding

Aug 28 2017, 08:57 PM #18

The game I've played most recently was cinderella phenomenon! It's orignal English language, 100% free, and a real hidden gem! I first downloaded it because it looked awful, and my original intent was to mock it, but I ended up falling in love with it.
There's something incredibly eerie about being literally the only person online on a forum. Even worse when you're trying to find reasons to *post* on said forum, because you feel like you're going to somehow get in trouble for spamming despite the fact that you're always posting on topic, just alone.