Interested in our team? Fill out the applications and join us!
- Joined: May 13 2010, 07:38 AM
If you're nitpicky and a complete grammar Nazi, WE WANT YOU!
What a proofreader does
A proofreader must
- find what the translators have missed
- make sure that there are no grammatical or spelling errors
- Have awesome English skills! You need to have a good punctuation, grammar and spelling skills.
- You have to be able to turn really awkwardly translated sentences into proper English.
- When you find missing translations, you must highlight it and contact translators to translate the missing bits!
- You must be able to proofread a chapter within 1-2 days.
PM hikari07 to apply or post below. (Posts will be deleted once a person is PMed)
Additional requirement: Must also understand Japanese.
- Joined: Nov 19 2011, 06:53 AM
Proofreader needed. Please see above post for the requirements.
Important: Must also understand Japanese.
- Joined: Mar 15 2016, 01:12 PM
Hello, I don't know if t's the right place to apply..
But as a french teacher to foreigners who came most of the time from korea and japan
Langages whom i speak fluently if I can help out that would be great
- Joined: Sep 20 2016, 05:08 PM
I'm interested in applying as Proofreader. I'm confident with English in any form of communication. I feel I am best suited for this because besides skill, I nitpick to death and I'm willing to be tested for this.
I can also read Japanese.
I looked over the requirements, and I think I fit them. I am really strict on grammar, even on public forums, and I can make awkward sentences understandable. Oh, and I can understand Japanese....If you need to test my competence, you can send me an untranslated manga chapter.
- Joined: Nov 16 2016, 11:46 AM
Sahmain @ Sep 20 2016, 05:15 PM wrote:I'm interested in applying as Proofreader. I'm confident with English in any form of communication. I feel I am best suited for this because besides skill, I nitpick to death and I'm willing to be tested for this.
I can also read Japanese.
I forgot to sign in when I posted this....I am A. Susume.
- Joined: Dec 18 2016, 05:47 AM
Your vs. you're, were vs. we're, their vs. they're - it simply annoys me to see people spell these words incorrectly.
I'd also like to mention that I have lots of free time and I don't mind doing this for free as long as I get to be part of this awesome team. And just like everybody else, I hate waiting for more than a week to read the next chapter of a manga, so I clearly get why it's crucial to meet the set deadline.
Having said these, I really hope you can consider me for the position of a proofreader. Thanks so much for your time.
- Joined: Jan 17 2017, 06:59 PM
Hi! I'm Kanna
and I would love to be a proofreader for you!
I have time on my hands and consider myself very good at grammar, Japanese (my native language) and English.
- Joined: Apr 1 2018, 02:13 AM
Hello there. I'd like to become a proofreader.
I am half Japanese and half English, so I am confident in my Grammar and Spelling skills in both English and Japanese.
I look forward to possibly working with you!