The Ace Attorney Thread!

Discuss about your favorite games here.

The Ace Attorney Thread!

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

21 Dec 2015, 22:48 #1

Objection! Discuss anything Ace Attorney here. :)

Starter topics:
- Favorite main game? Spinoff / Crossover?
- Favorite character?
- Favorite case?

Latest news:

1. Ace Attorney 6! (2016)
Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-MEq-ANCzU

2. Ace Attorney anime! (April 2016)
First news;
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 016/.93037
Cast announced!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ced/.96692

Clairebeebuzz

30 Dec 2015, 06:52 #2

Oh, I adore this so much! My Gamer Symphony is playing a medley from Dual Destinies, and it makes me so happy! I really hope Number 6 gets a release in the west.

I'd also like to see the second Investigations game get an English release, but I don't have high expectations of that.

As a female, I was thrilled to hear of Athena's arrival. However, despite how amazing her talents are supposed to be, I was greatly disappointed to see her relegated to an airhead for most of the gameplay.

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

30 Dec 2015, 18:48 #3

AA6 /will/ be released internationally (or in the West), as far as I remember. The folks down at Court-Records.Net are actually having a game guessing the subtitle of the game. There are really funny ones like: "PWAA, Where are the Feys?!" or "PWAA, Why isn't the soundtrack composed by Yoko Shimomura?", and others.

AAI2, they're saying not really because of not so good sales of the first. There /is/ a fan-patch, though. Good enough so far, from what I've seen on YouTube. Especially those fan made voice clips.

Here's another one I want released internationally: Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney). Anything with Sherlock Holmes is just pure excellence.

And of course, the anime! (Yuki Kaji, aka Eren, is voicing Phoenix. Haha.)

I think Athena's "airheaded-ness" was kind of deliberately overplayed to hide her trauma, if you know what I mean. I do think it was brave of her to stand up and fight for herself after the UR-1 incident. (And Simon! Just... huhuhu....)

I am officially Team Cykesquill. Just... I love them.

hikari07
Advanced Member
hikari07
Advanced Member

01 Jan 2016, 15:35 #4

I am not really familiar with this but he was a playable character in UMVC3.
His fighting moves were amusing. :D

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

02 Jan 2016, 02:04 #5

hikari07 @ Jan 1 2016, 11:35 PM wrote: I am not really familiar with this but he was a playable character in UMVC3.
His fighting moves were amusing. :D
^ ooooh I forgot about that! Mmkay I'll look it up on YT, thanks!

There will be an anime for this in April this year, which will cover the first two games. (There have been 5 so far, with a sixth coming up.) So you can test the waters for the storyline. But I swar, the story's really good! You should totally play Ace Attorney!

*throws all the games and spinoffs and the Professor Layton crossovers and let's play videos kthxbye *

Yoonassi

19 Jan 2016, 05:52 #6

I finished the Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton crossover late last year and it was excellent. I wish there'd be more crossovers, they're both excellent games, really.

I love all the Ace Attorney games, but the fifth one is my favorite. I love how you get to defend people as Phoenix, Athena. or Apollo, and the plot was general was really, really good. So many feels!

I'm definitely looking forward to the next game :)

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

20 Jan 2016, 14:51 #7

I loved Dual Destinies, too! Great storyline and characters! My feels are mostly for Cykesquill and Pearl's new appearance. I just hate what they did to Klavier, treated him like an extra hahah <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

I hope AA6 will be just as interesting. Maya please!

Anyways since this is practically an AkaYona forum, lemme share this wonderful Cykesquill fanart by Ask Psychologist Duo!

Please please please go to her Tumblr in the link and show her lots of love!

Original post here:
CLICK ME!!!

yhrxssi
yhrxssi

13 Feb 2016, 13:25 #8

I have played all games relating to The Ace Attorney, but I have not been able to play the games that were released on 3DS &#12640;&#12640;

I've been wanting to play the game since release and I was lucky to have a taste of the first case due to a acquaintance, but never had the chance to finish it ...

My favorite game out of all the games though would be the Duel Destinies because it has so many different features than the older games and the graphics have improved greatly in my opinion.

My favorite character of all would be the main man himself, Phoenix Wright. I have to admit though that all the characters are all unique in their own way which places them in a spot in my heart ;u;

I currently don't have a favorite case since I haven't played all the games, but I will, one day, come back and state what I believe is my favorite ;;

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

24 Jun 2016, 16:30 #9

You could play the iOS version of Dual Destines, I just don't know how much. (I just watched the let's play of someone on YouTube.)

I also love Phoenix. It was fun seeing him age and grow up. My favorite character is Apollo Justice, though.

Speaking of Apollo, has anyone on the board seen stuff about the sixth game yet? I've heard something shocking, and I really regret having been spoiled about it.

The good side, though? MAYA'S BACK, BABY!! <3