TnK Anime Blurbs!

Discuss all about Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun here.

TnK Anime Blurbs!

holanio
holanio

Oct 7 2012, 03:25 AM #1

Weee~ A well deserved thread for TnK's awesome accomplishment of anime-ing 8D
I loooove the adaptation! It's pretty great and I'm not disappointed.

The only problem I have is that people who aren't manga-followers are a little too obsessed with the one line Haru says that contains the word "rape". I mean... yeah, they have every right to be concerned that so much madness is happening in the first episode and that's one of the words there. But it's also just a little frustrating when you know there's so much more to the story than that. Hopefully they'll be able to enjoy the second episode and the rest of the series without lingering onto that one line for the entire series trying to expect something.

Anywho, so that this post doesn't end in a sour note. I thoroughly enjoyed all the Nagoya cameos throughout the episode :'D

Harumi
Advanced Member
Harumi
Advanced Member

Oct 9 2012, 06:05 AM #2

I just watched the anime as well, and yes, I do believe there is so much more to Haru than that. But when he said what he sometimes wanted to break Shizuku's arms and legs to make her stay (highlight to see text; not really a spoiler but let's be careful here) I can totally understand where they're coming from. Heck, even Yamaken thought that he was going to die Haru and him were "fighting" over Shizuku.

I think he is somewhat disturbed, but it must be because of the circumstances he had been put under when he was a kdi... especially with his older brother being mean to him like that. >.<

hikari07
Advanced Member
hikari07
Advanced Member

Oct 9 2012, 09:14 AM #3

Just watched the anime and I really enjoyed it. The first episode was so funny. ^_^

I was intrigued by the series when I typeset a few chapters. I was planning to read it. Then news came about an anime adaptation so I decided to delay reading it until the anime ends. That way, I'll enjoy the anime more. But that's just me. :)

holanio
holanio

Oct 10 2012, 12:18 AM #4

Wee, the second episode is still awesome!
Haru is as frank as ever XD If you know what I'm talking about.

Maaan, I'm so glad these voice actors are as animated as the characters! The little chicken song at the end that Natsume sang is hilarious.

Episode 3 will be about Nagoya! Hooray!!

Harumi
Advanced Member
Harumi
Advanced Member

Oct 10 2012, 10:16 AM #5

I really like Natsume. She kind of reminds me (in voice and appearance) of Mikuru in The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. Her hair color and cutesy voice. Hahaha, for some reason I really love the part where she trips over the trash can and makes this really cute noise where all this rubbish is flying around her.

oh, and the part where she asks Haru not to fall in love with her because it would be a bother is hilarious too. :D

holanio
holanio

Oct 17 2012, 02:34 AM #6

I was a little worried when I heard how high Natsume's voice was, but then I got used to it in a few minutes--it's pretty fitting. Her fall into the trashcan was very funny and cute, I agree! I like the part where she casually barfs in front of the okonomiyaki store hahaha xD

TheStarryGeek

Nov 15 2012, 12:28 PM #7

From a fangirl's perspective, I think it's really adorable and unique for it to be a non-sappy shoujo. The comedy - it's cool and its fresh and its fun xD It's BLOODY AWESOME! It also kinda features the idea of the bigger picture in a relationship where everybody you know is involved not only you and the other person (: Haru-kun's just freakin' spastic, it's so funny how innocent he can be as well (that gym class part) :lol:

If you look at it from an artistic point-of-view you'll agree that it's well made and it's snappy - I find it cool how the animators used textures on the BGs ^_^ And also how much faithful the anime is to the manga - I mean not only to the story but with the whole happy mood and crisp colour palette. I really enjoy these simple little things animators do on new animes -_- The seiyus are cool bunch of cast as well.

Kyah! TonariNK make my mondays something to look forward to right now!
/) /)
(>.<) ~sigh
( (")(")
SHONEN ANIME, DAI SUKI DA YO! Rak 'en rol :3

Anoni Mouse

Dec 1 2012, 05:55 PM #8

Love the adaptation. At first I was a little thrown off by Haru's "manly" look and voice but I've grown to love those as well. You can clearly see the effort that was put into this adaptation compared with some of the other shoujo adaptations released this fall. :D

amostra95
Advanced Member
amostra95
Advanced Member

Dec 15 2015, 03:06 AM #9

My only concern is: why isn't fully adapted? Whyyy??? :(

whatever_asdf

Dec 15 2015, 03:45 AM #10

Hope they release a second season, the manga is really good

Iceclaw
Iceclaw

Dec 15 2015, 09:22 PM #11

amostra95 @ Dec 15 2015, 03:06 AM wrote: My only concern is: why isn't fully adapted? Whyyy??? :(
I'd love to hear Yuuzan's embarrassed voice when being complimented by Iyo :

asdasasda

Dec 16 2015, 12:38 AM #12

I watched the anime and i liked it a lot, i loved it actually and i hope they make a second season :o

asdasasda

Dec 16 2015, 12:45 AM #13

Haruuuu!!!! Jajajaja he was sooo sweet with her. I'm pretty sure he would never be a bother, he is funny! I like this characters :3

Nerevarine
Advanced Member
Nerevarine
Advanced Member

Dec 16 2015, 04:28 PM #14

I'm praying for a 2nd season....

bubbletii

Dec 16 2015, 11:37 PM #15

Even though I'm sure this was supposed to be a lighthearted anime, I had so many feels coming to be because of the soundtrack. I loved it so much and this anime is definitely still in my tops (same for the manga!)

Dec 17 2015, 05:22 PM #16

I liked the anime very much!

su magatsu

Dec 29 2015, 03:42 AM #17

Best animu!! need 2nd season XDD!! haru is fooking adorable ><

soysuva
soysuva

Jan 1 2016, 12:26 AM #18

Honestly, I'm a bit scared to watch the anime adaption because I loved the manga so much. Usually when there are adaptions to manga's, they leave so much out that it misses its touch from the manga. But after reading your review about it, I might put it on my to watch list.