Visual Novel anyone?

Discuss about your favorite games here.

Visual Novel anyone?

Lazy-Levia

Dec 21 2015, 04:31 PM #1

so.. is there someone have some free time to play Visual Novel? Some reccommendations? no eroge please..

oh, I've played Rewrite from Key before.. and I found it.. hard (?) to clear the game? or is just me? good artwork tho.

*back to sleep while waiting*
You found me annoying? uh, maybe you're true. But I don't like being unhonest person :) This is me and please take care of me everyone~ #as if

oh, Sorry for my bad english~

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

Dec 21 2015, 10:51 PM #2

Ace Attorney! :D

It's technically a visual novel. Great lawyer storyline and murder/mystery cases. :D

The Fushigi Yuugi dating sim also counts, probably. There are two: Genbu Kaiden - Kagami no Miko, and Suzaku Ibun. They're both only in Japanese tho.

charlieiq

Dec 22 2015, 05:17 AM #3

I've played Long Live the Queen. IT'S SO STRESSFUL, but worth it if you enjoy strategy.

So many options, so few chances of survival.

I highly recommend it.

Lazy-Levia

Dec 22 2015, 07:20 AM #4

*write down* *googling..*

Thank You so much guys! you're rock!!! :3 I'll definitely try those game

*waiting another answer~* *rolling back to bed*
You found me annoying? uh, maybe you're true. But I don't like being unhonest person :) This is me and please take care of me everyone~ #as if

Nipah
Nipah

Dec 23 2015, 10:10 PM #5

Visual novels! What about 999 and Danganronpa? They're good mystery series~

I like Umineko no Naku Koro Ni too (it's a kinetic novel so no choices)

marrye
marrye

Dec 24 2015, 01:47 PM #6

Lately I finished Amnesia but if you are good in japanese I definetly recomend Ken ga Kimi

Lazy-Levia

Dec 25 2015, 06:30 AM #7

@cyanoscarlet : Ace Attorney! :D

It's technically a visual novel. Great lawyer storyline and murder/mystery cases. :D
it's that phoenix wright, right? ... downloading simulator...
The Fushigi Yuugi dating sim also counts, probably. There are two: Genbu Kaiden - Kagami no Miko, and Suzaku Ibun. They're both only in Japanese tho.
I've googled and... yeap, my Japanesse still sucks cause this 2 years i've learn I just can write hiragana so... thanks for the recommendation~ I'll try it when someone willing to translate *sorry I'm lazy hoho*
@charlieiq : I've played Long Live the Queen. IT'S SO STRESSFUL, but worth it if you enjoy strategy.

So many options, so few chances of survival.

I highly recommend it.
Already downloaded it~ but I still want to gather some more before lock myself to play.. Thanks for Recommendation! :))
@Nipah : Visual novels! What about 999 and Danganronpa? They're good mystery series~

I like Umineko no Naku Koro Ni too (it's a kinetic novel so no choices) 
Oh, I've watch Danganronpa the animation and Umineko anime! And you're right, they're just awesome! :D I'll try searching for 999 after this~
@marrye : Lately I finished Amnesia but if you are good in japanese I definetly recomend Ken ga Kimi
Amnesia.. that adapted into anime? oh, is that an otome? :)))) I thought I watched the anime some days ago.. thanks for the recommendations! ;)

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

Dec 30 2015, 06:52 PM #8

@cyanoscarlet : Ace Attorney! :D

it's that phoenix wright, right? ... downloading simulator...
Yup, that's it! There are copies of the first 4 games online in DS format, plus emulators, but I've taken to watching Let's Play videos on YouTube instead. At least I get to focus on the story more.

But of course the game play is still better... played personally. :D There's also an iOS version, if you can access it.

Hakuno
Hakuno

Dec 31 2015, 07:47 PM #9

A lot of visual novel in android and ios now.. i think like Amnesia the best though

hikari07
Advanced Member
hikari07
Advanced Member

Jan 1 2016, 03:38 PM #10

Hakuouki!! It has really pretty artwork and great plot.

There's an anime of it. You'll get depressed after watching the first 2 seasons. I did. :D

I was playing Amnesia on my PS Vita but I got sidetracked playing Trails of Cold Steel. I'll get back to it once I'm done. :P

Junseiyuri

Jan 6 2016, 11:48 PM #11

I just started Clannad since it finally got an english release and I finally got around to buying it

Aratiina
Advanced Member
Aratiina
Advanced Member

Jan 8 2016, 04:32 PM #12

I have 2 VN games for my PSP, but didn't play them yet, with Hakuouki I waited to watch the anime 1st, but choosing from those guys will be fun <3.
The other is called Sweet Fuse: At Your Side, seems to be detective type, but can't say much until I play it ^^.
I think games like Utawarerumono or Angel's Feathers, usually have Light verions, so they don't get eroge images, I'm sure Angel's Feather had such, it even got out for some console, not sure about Utawarerumono.....
I have Tears to Tiara for PS3 too, but can't really say how much of VN and how much of RPG it is ^^;.
I really wish they'd release Angel's Feather with English subs on PC, I had to use some dictionary, which made some stuff hard to understand, I'd like to buy English texted version ;/. I got interested in it after seeing some GC pics <3. I loved those arts, went to check other games the ilustrator made too ;P. None are released with English text as far as I saw ;(.

ebeast
Advanced Member
ebeast
Advanced Member

Jan 9 2016, 12:28 AM #13

Grisaia no Kajitsu (Fruit of Grisaia) was the first VN I played, and still one of the best things I've read. Really lengthy though, so if you're going to try it out beware.

As for the hardest VN to 100%, I have to say getting all the achievements in Steins;Gate can be really difficult without a guide. Some of the things you need to do can be cryptic. Still a really great game.

I've also played Hoshizora no Memoria and plan to play though G-Senjou Maou and Idol Mahou Shoujo Chiru Chiru Michiru soon.

MiniWafflez

Jan 17 2017, 03:43 AM #14

My favorite visual novel is CLANNAD!