Why do you like Akatsuki No Yona?

Discuss all about Akatsuki no Yona here.
keebl44
keebl44

Feb 26 2016, 04:37 AM #51

The same reason for any manga/book, the story and art! It's well made and I am always enjoying it.

Court
Advanced Member
Court
Advanced Member

Feb 26 2016, 06:11 AM #52

For all of us who want a second season: if we want to increase the chances of a second season we need to show support for the anime. Luckily the Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2016 is going on and there is a poll to vote for the top anime of 2015 and Akatsuki no Yona is one of them. If enough people vote and we can get AnY to the top 10 maybe it will help increase the chances of getting a second season 💖💖💖 You need a Twitter account to vote and you can vote daily until March 6th. Here is the link: https://vote.animefestival.jp/

Please get the word out to vote for Akatsuki no Yona so we can all hopefully get another season!!!

#MakeAnYTop10 #TAAF2016

butt
butt

Mar 11 2016, 05:23 AM #53

The characters are the biggest appeal to me for sure!

shadow_rain
Advanced Member
shadow_rain
Advanced Member

Mar 13 2016, 11:09 PM #54

Hmmm good question. I love the plot and the biggest draw for me was actually the lack of a romantic relationship between the heroine and any of the male characters (except her initial love for Suwon). I thought it was brilliant because it has demonstrated how much Yona has grown without having to have some sort of romantic motivation. Not that I am against that, but it was refreshing. She can grow stronger and be her own person while being supported by individuals that she can love without being IN LOVE with any of them. I feel she has/had to re-discover who she is before she can appropriately love someone else that strongly again. I think I would have been very disappointed if she went from loving Suwon so strongly, go through all that tragedy, and then just trip and fall in love with someone else. I think the author has done a great job with building the relationships and the characters personalities over time. It keeps me coming back to it (and pre-ordering the manga out of Japan). :)
"Dance as if no one were watching, sing as if no one were listening, and live each day as if it were your last" - Irish saying

jinatonic

Apr 2 2016, 11:07 AM #55

I love AnY because of the deep, engaging plot/story, the beautiful art, the amazing characters and character development, and even the minor characters aren't neglected. Also, that there's no unnecessary drama regarding the romance.

scxrlet
scxrlet

Apr 3 2016, 04:40 AM #56

I really don't know why i like it but any is really an interesting story

AneyWisteria

Apr 4 2016, 08:14 PM #57

I like AnY because it ties becoming a strong woman, falling in love, realistic plots, and sword fighting all into one :D

Tora-chan
Advanced Member
Tora-chan
Advanced Member

May 11 2016, 11:52 PM #58

I like it (actually love it) for it's story and plot, characters, music, art (both anime and manga), the great seiyuu that did a great job in the anime, and of course the "I can't wait for the moment Yona falls finally for Hak and how the relationship will start and grow! :wub: :wub: :wub:

vsing
vsing

May 30 2016, 04:54 AM #59

I like AnY because of how misleading the whole setup seemed at the beginning of the series (in terms of plot and character development).

I think we all can agree that the whole sheltered-princess-gets-chased-out-the-castle scenario is not necessarily original. The plot progression in this manga, however, was a refreshing change that I've not often seen in the shoujo historical fantasy genre.

Therefore the fact that the manga turned out to be so different from what I'd initially expected made me interested in how it would end. So I got hooked to the series.

P.S. The amazing art and character designs were also a plus point! ^_^

Jun 12 2016, 02:48 PM #60

Definitely the main thing I enjoy is Hak; he's a great character. I like that Yona is one of the few anime/manga female characters I don't hate and that she's getting an actual character progression and evolution. I love most of the characters and think that the plot could be going in interesting directions (if they ever get back to having a plot...)

HikariGo

Aug 16 2016, 02:34 PM #61

So many reasons actually, here are a few:

- Strong character development by the MC
- Web of complex politics and hidden agendas that are present
- Ensemble cast are quite strong, and somewhat avoid the stereotypes of the genre
- Hak, I mean who just doesn't Hak and the Wind Tribe as well mind you in general.
- Does not fall into harem territory with each of the dragons

Honestly, there is a huge lack of quality shonen/shoujo (whatever you want to classify Akatsuki no Yona as) manga out there, with a strong female protagonist.

xMiladyNoir

Aug 30 2016, 06:33 PM #62

Why do I like it? That is a good question.

I like the art style very much, which is why I was drawn to the Mangaka in the first place. I've been following her for a while and even bought all the series that were licensed in English. I fellin love with NG Life and when that finihsed, she announced Akatsuki no Yona. I've been reading it since it first came out because I love the author.

The story is very complex and requires a lot of planning and insight. These characters that we are calling clever and have been making fabulous battle plans are made up by the author. I love how everything is so thought out and wasn't hastened.

The characters are perfect and all have a story behind them. They all joined Yona with different ways that coincide with their personalities and experiences which makes it refreshing and not forced. Plus the characters are adorable and my babies.

I love comedy and this series just nails it with what they say and how it is drawn with the jokes. I can't help but laugh but also appreciate the art that is suited for it.

Overall, Akatsuki no Yona doesn't just focus on the love, but it also has comedy, political conflict, action, and suspense. I would say that is my favourite manga that I have ever read and that I would buy every volume of it if it all comes out in English.

Celeste
Advanced Member
Celeste
Advanced Member

Nov 5 2016, 04:20 AM #63

Not going to hide it. My main reason for loving AnY and continuing to pay attention to it is my love for Hak. He is such a great character and carries a lot of traits I admire in a person. I find his loyalty and unselfish nature, in particular, to be most impressive. His appearance, sexiness, and cool abilities are all merely icing on the cake.

My second reasoning would be the humor and bromance between the dragons/various companions. I can't get enough of their interactions.

I actually don't care much for either Yona or Soo-won. Maybe the two of them can just get together and share Kouka or something. Doesn't really matter to me as long as Hak receives an ending where he comes to terms with all his feelings and gets to accomplish something personal too rather than just living for others. Even though he keeps saying that he's happy as long as Yona is, being happy for someone is different from a happiness where one actually fulfills something for oneself. I hope Hak eventually achieves that too.

arataczak

Dec 26 2016, 01:06 AM #64

Everything about it is great. Red hair!

mcb
mcb

Dec 3 2017, 12:25 PM #65

Well, it kinda reminds me of Fushigi Yuugi which I love. :D